Raising a concern

Any complaint about any of our services is taken seriously by Northpoint Wellbeing. We are committed to ensuring that all parties to any complaint will be given due consideration and receive fair treatment.

Our complaints process is written in line with the standards set by the professional body to which we are accountable – the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).

Northpoint Wellbeing :
what to do if you have a concern or a complaint

This process applies to both current and past clients of Northpoint Wellbeing (previously known as Leeds Counselling). Please note that Northpoint Wellbeing does not normally accept complaints brought by third parties, unless required to do so by our funders.

Raising concerns

Concerns can often be resolved informally at an early stage.
If your concern relates to your experience of therapy, and you are still receiving treatment, then it is suggested that you raise this with your therapist wherever possible.

You can also speak informally to a service manager in person, on the phone or by e-mail, if you would like to talk about your experience of our service.

0113 243 3400


Formal complaints

If the response to your concern does not resolve the difficulty and you wish to make a formal complaint, then you’ll be invited to put your concerns in writing by either:

  • Writing to Northpoint Wellbeing
    Leeds Bridge House, Hunslet Road, Leeds LS10 1JN
  • Emailing the relevant service manager
    please call 0113 243 3400 for the email address

It would be helpful if you can tell us about the nature of your concern/complaint, the approximate dates that you accessed the service, and the place where your appointment(s) took place.

You will receive an initial response within 5 working days of the date of receipt of your written concern/complaint. Sometimes we will be able to respond fully at that point, and sometimes we will need to undertake further investigation. But we will aim to deal with your complaint within 4 weeks of the date of receipt of your written concern/complaint wherever possible.

Once we have responded fully, you will have the option to appeal the decision at that stage if you feel that your complaint has still not been dealt with to your satisfaction.