What happens next?
· A member of the team will review the information
If the referral is for Emotional Wellbeing / Mental Health Concerns
· We will be in contact with the young person and/or their family by telephone to obtain further information about the concerns and discuss the best support options.
· We aim to be in contact within 14 working days
If the referral is a request for Autism and/or ADHD assessment
· We will email you a link to provide further information about your concerns.
· We will also contact the education or childcare setting.
· We aim to send out these links as soon as possible.
If you have an urgent concern about the wellbeing or safety of the person being referred:
· Contact your/their GP, or call 111
Submitting a Neurodevelopmental Questionnaire:
· The information submitted by parents/carers will be reviewed alongside information provided by education or childcare providers.
· Following assessment of the information, a decision will be made whether to progress referrals for assessment, or we may signpost referrals for the most appropriate support.
· This decision will be communicated to the family by phone or letter.
· Referrals progressing for assessment will be given information about their right to choose an assessment provider.
Please note- the approximate time for a decision to be made from sending neurodevelopmental questionnaires is six months.
Please do not contact us before this time unless you have concerns regarding a young person’s mental health presentation.